What is intermediate alloy? When it comes to intermediate alloy, most of them think of aluminum intermediate alloy, aluminum base intermediate alloy, aluminum peptide intermediate alloy, aluminum silicon intermediate alloy and so on. These are all intermediate alloys. So, what is the intermediate alloy?
Intermediate alloy is a kind of special alloy, which is made of single substance to make it easy to be added into the alloy, to solve the problems of burning loss, high melting point alloy is not easy to be melted in and has little influence on raw materials. For example, the alloy formed by melting copper and A00 aluminum 1:1 is relatively easy to be mixed in zinc water. In addition to steel, cast iron, superalloy and aluminum alloy, the intermediate alloy also has various base alloys and additives needed for smelting other metal materials, which cannot be directly used as metal materials.
Use of intermediate alloy:
1. Metal materials with accurate chemical composition and uniform distribution were obtained. For example, adding less elements in the components of metal materials can improve the distribution uniformity of the added elements in the materials. Such as smelting Ti-6A1-4V alloy with vanadium aluminum alloy.
2. The chemical activity is high, melting point is low and volatile elements are added. Such as boron, calcium, magnesium and other intermediate alloys. The use of master alloy can reduce the burning loss of elements when adding, and obtain stable alloy composition and high element yield.
3. Add high melting point metal. Intermediate alloys such as tungsten, molybdenum, titanium, niobium and chromium can reduce the melting temperature, shorten the melting time of metal materials and reduce the melting temperature.
4. Many kinds of elements can be added at the same time to make the refining and alloying of smelting alloy complete at the same time. It simplifies smelting operation and shortens refining time.
5. Using pure master alloy can reduce the impurity content in metal materials. For example, "VQ" grade master alloy is used for vacuum smelting.
6. Reduce the production cost of metal materials. The requirements for the intermediate alloy are as low as possible melting point, uniform chemical composition, small segregation, no visible non-metallic inclusions, low gas content, impurity content must meet the requirements of smelting metal materials, easy to be broken and stored in the air without deterioration.
PreviousWhat is the function of aluminum refining agent 2019.08.12